The Student News Site of Dakota Ridge High School

The Cord News

The Cord News

The Cord News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Dakota Ridge Beats the Golden Demons

Ethan+Berninger+%2811%29+drives+hard+and+flies+to+the+rim+as+he+makes+the+easy+lay+up.+
Genevieve Pike
Ethan Berninger (11) drives hard and flies to the rim as he makes the easy lay up.

The Dakota Ridge Eagles faced the Golden Demons with a close neck and neck game, but they pushed through adversity and beat the Demons 56-48 on Wednesday, January 10, 2024. 

In the start of the 1st quarter, Alijah Sawyer (4) caught up after a turnover that could’ve been a dunk and flew into the air to block the other team from getting a dunk. The packed student section went crazy for this play. Sawyer definitely showed the Demons what’s up. 

Golden was in the lead about 5 points ahead of DRHS, but Ethan Berninger (11) would not let that slide. Berninger got the steal just after halftime and swept past the Demons with ease as he threw down a dunk, leaving the other team in the dust as the crowd jumped up and down. 

DRHS had a strong fan base supporting their boys team; the student section was full to the brim with raving fans in their bright neon construction outfits. 

As the end of the 3rd quarter neared, the Eagles had a 2 point lead. The crowd got anxious and loud, but the Eagles knew their work wasn’t over and they would need a larger gap between scores to run the Demons out of the gym. 

Andrew Schneider (5) shoots the risky three pointer with 2 guards on him but swished it anyway. (Genevieve Pike)

Tension was in the air in the last few minutes of the game. The Demons had the time to get the game back, but the Eagles were determined to win. The whole team came together on defense, and they were in sync and communicated well. 

The Eagles finished strong and pulled out the win. It was an exciting game to watch in a high intensity environment. The DRHS Eagles pulled together as a team to get this win, furthering their chances to make it to conference.