The Student News Site of Dakota Ridge High School

The Cord News

The Cord News

The Cord News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

DRHS Women’s Soccer Gears Up for Another Promising Season

Dakota’s varsity season is packed with seven games, eight league games, and one scrimmage this year. The season spans from March 5, 2024 to May 2, 2024.
Broderick Doolittle

The Dakota Ridge women’s soccer season is gearing up, and after their triumph and nearly perfect record last year, the support for the team is high. There are several familiar faces, along with new ones, making their way onto the DRHS women’s soccer field this season.

“The results from last year definitely encouraged more players to join the team,” varsity coach John Cassidy said. “We lost a lot of good players from last year, but we also gained a lot of new, talented players.”

The team seems to be eager to get the season off to a strong start.

“The best thing about being on a soccer team is the environment and how competitive it is,” freshman Riley Mulberry said. “It is also nice being able to see all of my friends.”

In the last varsity game, Lakewood beat Dakota 2 to 1 making the season score for Dakota zero wins and one loss as of now. The team is hard at work practicing for upcoming games this season.

Last year the DRHS women’s soccer team achieved victory over Lutheran and secured the state championship for the first time since 2003. (Chelsea Hitzges)

“The goal this season is definitely to make playoffs again,” senior Claire Hitzges said. “We have an amazing team and can definitely pull it off.”

The team’s remarkable success has not only elevated the players’ ambitions, but also built up a massive community of supporters, including friends, family, and fans who seem united in their optimism and confidence in the team’s potential.

“Winning is important, but playing well and having fun is crucial,” Cassidy said. “The team’s goal for this season is for everyone to leave a better player.”

The DRHS women’s soccer team eagerly anticipates their next varsity game against Silver Creek on March 27, 2024, at Lakewood Memorial Field.