The Student News Site of Dakota Ridge High School

The Cord News

The Cord News

The Cord News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Dakota Days

April 11 through April 25
Matt Heckel

Boys varsity baseball got the opportunity to play Monday, April 11, at Coors Field. The team was able to play on the same field where the professionals they look up to have played. JV and L3 players came to support the team and so did many students. 

Genevieve Pike

9th and 10th graders took the PSAT test on April 17 to gauge where they are and to prepare and get exposure to what the official SAT will be like.

“It was very good, and it wasn’t as stressful as I thought it would be,” freshman Annaliese Bollacker said. “I liked having the next day off when the juniors were testing.” 

Rylan Palmer

Track had a meet on April 18, and Koda Glider Wood, Dani Miller, Lily Palmer, and Quynn Cotner continued on their list of wins in the relay.

London Anderson

At the end of testing week, senior actors performed their one acts on April 19, having lots of fun before heading into the weekend. 

Genevieve Pike

Starting off DRHS peace week, the DRHS JV men’s lacrosse team beat the Fairview Knights 6-1. The first half of the game was tied 1-1, but in the second half the Eagles really grabbed motivation and scored over and over on the Knights, resulting in a successful game.

Grace Igel

JV boys baseball lost the fight to the Columbine Rebels on April 23 with the final score 3-9. This loss brought them closer together as a team, and they have three more games as they reach towards the end of their season. 

“Something that went well was the communication we had, but I think we could’ve worked on the lack of energy that was there,” freshman Tyson Igel said.

Kim Keller

Day Without Hate started off with the annual assembly that included talking about hate in schools and the many effects that can have on a community. The spirit day was “white out” to show peace throughout the school. At the end of the assembly, students were asked questions about their lives, and everyone turned their phone flashlights on and held them up if the question applied to them. 

Derick Bowman

Finishing off a successful peace week, girls varsity lacrosse faced off against the Columbine Rebels at the NAAC stadium. They lost 5-19, but the game still gave them an opportunity to play and grow together.