The Student News Site of Dakota Ridge High School

The Cord News

The Cord News

The Cord News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Dakota Ridge Dives Into Another Swim Season

@dridgeswimdive: https://www.instagram.com/dridgeswimdive/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D
DRHS swim team poses for the Think Pink game in 2022. Think Pink games are held for every sport in order to raise awareness for cancer.

Dakota Ridge swim and dive kicked off a new season on December 1, 2023, at the Ridge Recreational Center against Green Mountain High School. 

The season runs long term starting November 13, 2023 and continuing through February 8, 2024. Some major events include the Jeffco Relays, Think Pink at the Jeffco Invite, Senior Night, League, and State. 

“The community is close because we are such a small team, we’re like a family,” junior Callie Glider-Wood said. She has been swimming since her freshman year. 

If interested in supporting the team: “Come out and cheer them on at their meets,” head coach Keary Sullivan said. Several meets take place at the Ridge, so that is usually the easiest for everyone to attend.”  

The team has many new swimmers this year; however, they’re still sorry to see the old ones go. 

Last year’s 200 meter team poses after finishing. Although taken with last year’s team, many of the members have stayed the same. (Jenn Glider)

We lost a great four-year state-level swimmer who is now enjoying competing at the collegiate level, so we will be missing her,” Sullivan said. 

DRHS has one of the smallest swim and dive teams in the area, which leads to a struggle for the school, but that also allows them to form a better community as they are closer-knit than some of the bigger teams in the area. 

Last year the team placed overall.

“13th out of 30 teams in the 4A State Meet with a very small state team…we are hoping to improve upon that this year,” Sullivan said.

This year Sullivan hopes for even more for her team.

I would like to see the girls work hard to do their best, trying new events and stepping out of their comfort zones, always striving to improve their times while also coming together as a team,” Sullivan said. 

Watch the Lady Eagles Swim and Dive right into a fresh season!