The Student News Site of Dakota Ridge High School

The Cord News

The Cord News

The Cord News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Senior Tanner Lord Runs Audio for Upcoming Theater Productions

+%E2%80%9CIt+%28tech+theater%29+gives+me+a+chance+to+work+on+my+passions+that+I+wouldnt+really+be+able+to+do+anywhere+else%2C%E2%80%9D+Lord+said.+%E2%80%9CI+love+working+with+audio+technology+and+being+able+to+have+a+medium+for+that+is+fantastic+and+I+love+it.%E2%80%9D+%0A%0A
Gray Cuneo
“It (tech theater) gives me a chance to work on my passions that I wouldn’t really be able to do anywhere else,” Lord said. “I love working with audio technology and being able to have a medium for that is fantastic and I love it.”

Tanner Lord is a senior at Dakota Ridge High School and has proven to be a leader and role model for other students. Lord has been a part of many important and long lasting memories at DRHS, but especially in the theatrical and musical departments. 

Lord is a member of the Eagleaires choir and is currently active as a tech head in the audio department for the upcoming DRHS plays Macbeth and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Lord also serves as one of two presidents of the drama council. 

Throughout high school, Lord has been involved with audio production and attended Warren Tech for music production. Since then, he’s worked on audio here at Dakota and has professionally released a song. 

“I’ve just loved music ever since I was a kid,” Lord said. “I feel like it’s a way that can express words without actually using them.” 

Lord has acted in multiple DRHS productions and regularly contributes to the theatrical events at the school. Working backstage on productions and acting in them are both things that Lord has expressed an interest in pursuing after high school.

“I’m definitely pursuing a music career outside of high school, but when it comes to theater, we’ll just have to figure that out when it comes along,” Lord said. “If I’m performing or anything like that, I’d love to do theater.”

“Acting is a way to fake emotions, and it’s so much fun to do that on stage and be able to portray emotions that may be fake to you, but to others can be really real and really relatable,” Lord said
(M. Moen)

Even with extensive experience on the sound board, acting is still something that Lord finds enjoyment in doing because of the environment, community, and adrenaline rush. 

“I love the community here, I think it’s one of the best parts,” Lord said. 

The DRHS theater department is always looking for new members to welcome into their fun-loving environment. The current Shakespeare Spectacular is in full swing this week as the drama council and other members of theater work day and night to prepare for the production that takes place November 9-11.