The Student News Site of Dakota Ridge High School

The Cord News

The Cord News

The Cord News

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Womens Tennis Starts the Season With Clear Goals in Mind

Genevieve Pike
Players work on building multiple skills during tryouts. One included hitting the ball when it came flying out of a machine.

This year the Eagles women’s tennis team hopes to take their record further. Last year they made it to the state finals, and despite losing some seniors, they hope to keep up the good work and have another successful season. 

This team is looking forward to working together and having another fun season full of laughs and good times.

“I’m looking forward to working together as a team and hanging out with everyone,” junior Izzy Amos said.

Last season the team was league champion. Despite some injuries to several of their singles players, the doubles players stepped up. They sent two doubles teams to the state championship, which was fewer than they had sent the previous season. 

“Last season was so fun,” junior Emilia Wsol said. “I’m so thankful I found this community. A lot of people really improved last season, and the varsity team went to state.”

Freshman Charlotte Flynn works on her serve.
(Genevieve Pike)

Even the coach can’t wait for a fresh start and to keep the streak strong.

“We’re returning league champions, and I’m hoping to qualify more going to state than last year,” coach Rick Lathrop said. 

The tennis team is looking for new players of any skill level to join the team and contribute to their program. 

If you want to support the Eagles tennis team, their first match is scheduled for March 9th.