Jeffco Survey Shows Promising Results

Survey results will influence what the district prioritizes in the upcoming school year.

Jefferson Country Public Schools

Nicole Graham, Staff Writer

The Teaching and Learning Conditions in Colorado (TLCC) Survey released their 2019 results of Jefferson County employees on September 18th. TLCC is a statewide, private survey that analyzes schools and districts for where to improve. 

The 2019 findings shows a major increase in many areas reviewed from the 2015-2016 survey. For instance, when employees were asked if Jeffco maintained a violence and harassment free environment, 84% strongly agreed, almost double than the 46% in 2015-2016, or how 90% agreed that they have good friends at work, a stark difference between the 54% who strongly agreed in 2015-2016.

However, in an era when school shootings are on the rise, students and parents might feel uneasy seeing that only 66% of employees feel that they were properly trained for security threats. 

The survey also found that only 42% strongly believe that the district is open to new ideas.

“This is great feedback. It demonstrates that our employees feel that Jeffco Public Schools is generally a good place to work, and that employees believe our families and community members appreciate what we do for our students,” says Jeffco’s Chief Academic Officer Matt Flores.

These results will influence what the district prioritizes in the upcoming school year.